Old 22-11-2008, 05:29 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default help - Can I propagate these?

In article ,
Dinsdale Pirana wrote:

I have just collected what I presume to be seed pods. The plant is one
of those things with a single tall stalk (a couple of metres), a red
flower on top and pointed leaves from the base (about .75 to 1 metre.
Even the name won't come to me at the moment.

Gymea lily? Spear lily?

Can I propagate them from these pods which I don't think are yet ripe?
A couple of photos of them are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psycho12/

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the plant but they are not
uncommon.

See this forum page:

http://www.au.gardenweb.com/forums/l...329235129.html

--