Old 22-11-2008, 12:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
Dinsdale Pirana Dinsdale Pirana is offline

Default Shade tree

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:54:59 +1100, "justin burns"
wrote in aus.gardens:

Im after some ideas for a tree for my yard looking for a tree thats fast
growing and the roots wont cause any problems to house something around 10m
high
by 6plus wide it will be about 10m from house and will get full afternoon
sun.
thanks Justin

I had a Liquid Amber in a garden when I lived in Sydney. I thought it
was a great shade tree and because it lost its leaves in winter it let
the sun in during the cold months when you needed it. I can't say that
I saw any problem with the roots and by then it was about a 5 metre
tree and pretty close to the house (full brick).

I suppose if you don't like cleaning up the leaves for composting then
they are a bit of a bugger but it is worth it for the autumn colour
alone.

Regards
Dinsy

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum - Lucretius