Old 22-11-2008, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default What ground preparation is required prior to re-planting a hedge?

The message
from "Pete Stockdale" contains these words:

Rusty forgets the old adage - one picture tells a story better than a
thousand words !

No I don't. I didn't have a picture to look at, even supposing I was
going to look at it.

Your hedge idea is presumably to combat your view of the new fence.
Why not live with its benefits and use it to grow climbers and creepers
instead.
They will produce "greener" benefits far better and quicker.
than any freestanding hedge that will struggle in this position.

Nonsense! On my smallholding I had freestanding hedges. Thye location
was on a ridge, and there was no higher land than my elevation between
me and the Urals.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig