Old 23-11-2008, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeanne Stockdale Jeanne Stockdale is offline

Default What ground preparation is required prior to re-planting a hedge?

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
k...

Nonsense! On my smallholding I had freestanding hedges. Thye location
was on a ridge, and there was no higher land than my elevation between
me and the Urals.

I do not doubt that at all but I doubt that they were competing at birth
with a fence of this magnitude.
Now if the fence could be replaced with a light permeable stock type fence
then things would be far more possible.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com