Old 23-11-2008, 03:52 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.legal
terryc terryc is offline

Default compelling neighbour to remove dangerous tree

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 18:21:11 +0000, len gardener wrote:

g'day,

sadly this is the end resuts of the stupidity of council regulations and
"the save the trees" campagne (as far as i now this has been policy down
sydney way for a very long time). not even in brissy can you remove
dangerous gum trees (and in suburbia they are all dangerous, just look at
recent storms here in brissy).

As someone who has a major gum tree in the back yard, I always look
closely at tv pictures of fallen trees.

99% are inappropriate trees for the condition.
A lot are effectively planted in "pots", aka soil area too small that the
tree can not prevent itself from falling over.

Mine is one of a group of five that save me an enormous amount of money
for electricty for air conditioning.

when will a gum tree fall over or drop a major limb?? when nature
chooses for it to do so! as many do this when there is no storm or wind
involved.

Except in high wind, all the branches that drop off mine drop straight
down.

Now, as to why anyone would stand downwind of any tree in high winds, who
knows.

Nor do I understand how someone (both sides) can put in a pool, then
expect me to pay thousands of dollars to cut down my tree because it puts
leaves in their pool.

both mine are natural trees for the area and the big one ot the back
certainly predates any housing in the area.