Old 23-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymeow View Post
Thank for the reply. The green house that I've bought is glass. The pavment is flat. What is the reason of greenhouse attaching to the ground? is it only for Stability. I have two mini greenhouse (the plastic one) and with nothing attached to them they are fine in our garden. Unfortunatly we do not have much soil/grass area in our garden and the ground is all concrete. And if i have to drew hole on the paving area, my husband just worried it will damage the pavment. I just want an area to grow some veg.. being a beginner i should have done more research before getting a greenhouse. feel really stupid now.
It depends how exposed it is, with a glass greenhouse in a sheltered site you should be ok, if it's a very windy site then it could move if hit by a very strong gust. Since you have un-anchored plastic ones that have survived then you will probably be ok. Suck it and see as they say (my sons greenhouse isn't anchored and that's been ok)

Please don't feel stupid, when I did the research for my 10x8 I was told it didn't need anchoring down as it was heavy enough not to move, when I got it and read the destructions it said it should be anchored and since it was going onto soil it was easy to do.