Old 23-11-2008, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default Greenhouse question

The message
from Granity contains these words:
Janet Conroy;823397 Wrote:
My problem is because i am not putting my greenhouse on the grass/soil,
and i am planning put it on my paving. So it is possible of not using
the base at all and just leave my greenhouse on my paving? Any advice
welcome/

Thanks

Either drill through the base into the slabs and screw it down using
rawplugs
or get some brackets and fix then to the sides of the base and then
screw the brackets to the slabs. If it's glazed with polycarbonate it
will need to be very well secured, if glass less so.

Well, if glass it will be heavier and less like a mobile thing, but when
the frames of galvanised steel or aluminium greenhouses are buffetted,
they flex - and glass only flexes so much...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig