Old 10-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Roberto

Default Grape Hyacinths

It's alright Nick ne's just getting back at that other dick head who seems
to be making an idiot of himself. By the way do you like them lol !?

Robert from the English Riviera
http://www.nochex.com/payme.asap?ema...btinternet.com

Nick Maclaren wrote:
: In article ,
: Warwick Dumas wrote:
::
:: Did anyone else notice when this ng was officially brought under the
:: aegis of the Helpfulness Police? I think I must have missed it. :-(
:
: That's when you need them to help you.
:
:: It happens that the natural habitat of grape hyacinths has been
:: largely destroyed and if gardeners don't look after them, we one day
:: might not have them. The point of view that they should not ever be
:: destroyed by the bucketload is perfectly tenable, and there is no
:: reason for anyone to feel shy of expressing it. There's if anything
:: even less reason to worry about questioning someone else's taste,
:: imho.
:
: They are not exactly endangered in UK gardens! It is nonsense to say
: that they need protection here - the only way that they will be
: reduced much in the UK is if our garden ecologies change, and
: removing them from a few gardens doesn't count as that.
:
:
: Regards,
: Nick Maclaren.