Old 23-11-2008, 11:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Visited by A GBH Today

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:54:22 EST, "JB" wrote:

Saw a Great Blue Heron fly off from beside my pond today when I drove up.
I've got leaf netting over the pond so I'm not worried about the fish, yet.
I usually take it off after all the leaves have fallen but may want to
rethink that this year.

I agree with leaving it. I use to take my screens off. Thankfully the
herons didn't discover that.... what I found was no matter how clean I got
my yard of leaves (and I would shop vac it) the wind would bring in the
neighbors' leaves. Thus leaving the screens on has given me peace of mine,
nothing can blow in, I don't have shop vac the yard, and nothing can get to
my fish.

Granted it isn't the pretty picture in winter, but after the 2nd-3rd
year.... don't care. And now days, I'm so busy if I have a chance to make
sure the water level is up I'm doing good. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us