Old 24-11-2008, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Derek Turner Derek Turner is offline

Default Late November. Allotment

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 01:03:04 +0000, Ed wrote:

What to do now in late November on the allotment?

I've planted in onions, garlic, peas, raspberries, strawberries, black
currant and red current.

It too cold and wet to do anything more..

Should i leave the plot alone until February?

follow-up set to the only relevant group - the septics are all asking
'what's an allotment?'

Having covered the bare bits with old carpet/black membrane, probably,
yes. An old and very experienced (prizewinning) gardener told me that if
it was cold enough to need an overcoat it was too cold to be in the
garden. You could collect lots of dead leaves into plastic bin-liners for
2010's leaf-mould?