Old 24-11-2008, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ornata Ornata is offline
Registered User

Default Greenhouse question

On 23 Nov, 11:07, Happymeow
wrote:
Hi,

I just bought a 6*6 greenhouse from Argos and it came with a steel
base. However the instruction for the metal plates that use to connect
the base and the ground is first dig 4 deep holes in the ground and
attached the plates to the 4 corners of the steel base, then greenhouse
goes on top.

I went to Wickes yesterday trying to find some smaller metal plate to
connect the corners of the steel base but nothing fit!

My problem is because i am not putting my greenhouse on the grass/soil,
and i am planning put it on my paving. So it is possible of not using
the base at all and just leave my greenhouse on my paving? Any advice
welcome/

Thanks

--
Happymeow

I go along with the advice to fix your greenhouse to a brick base. I
have a 10 x 8 ft greenhouse with fairly good ridge height, which is
fixed to a 2-course brick wall and with its base. Even so, I find
myself wishing it was even higher (and bigger all round, to be
honest!) Not only does extra head height give you more room for tall
plants, shelving, etc., it also improves air flow (ventilation is
important for greenhouse plants in summer and winter).