Old 24-11-2008, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
CanopyCo CanopyCo is offline

Default Late November. Allotment

On Nov 23, 7:03*pm, Ed ex@directory wrote:
What to do now in late November on the allotment?

I've planted in onions, garlic, peas, raspberries, strawberries, black
currant and red current.

It too cold and wet to do anything more..

Should i leave the plot alone until February?

Some time while it is freezing I try to till up the garden to kill all
the roots of weeds and grass as well as lots of bugs that hide in the
ground.
The chickens love following me around while I till up lunch for them.

I do this three times a year, during the winter to slow down the
growth of them during the summer.

Collect bags of dead leaves now so that you can use them for mulch
next year.