Old 24-11-2008, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Greenhouse question

"Ornata" wrote in message
Happymeow

I go along with the advice to fix your greenhouse to a brick base. I
have a 10 x 8 ft greenhouse with fairly good ridge height, which is
fixed to a 2-course brick wall and with its base. Even so, I find
myself wishing it was even higher (and bigger all round, to be
honest!) Not only does extra head height give you more room for tall
plants, shelving, etc., it also improves air flow (ventilation is
important for greenhouse plants in summer and winter).

But the guy has already got a metal base so it would be better for him to
make use of it.
The area seems to be preslabbed so rawlbolts down to those would be quite
suffient.
If a brick wall is introduced as well he would need two steps - not just
one !
I contrived using my metal base in a way that involved no steps - but there
again I am a shortarse !!
My updated 90 x120 ft is also constructed stepless.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com