Old 25-11-2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] madgardener1@yahoo.com is offline

Default possible death of far too many houseplants........

Well, I wrote about the cold-assed back porch and the hopes that the
eastern, southern, and western sunlight would keep the cacti,
succulents and tropicals at a good temperature. I think I mentioned
that there was ice in the animal watering tray, but I attributed that
to it being on the floor and a thin amount of water
spilled........moved ALL the cacti and inhabitants downstairs to the
cold foyer, that doesn't freeze, and today I see horrible signs of
death and mushiness. After Thanksgiving I will know more as to the
magnatude of destruction I have caused due to not paying closer
attention. Sure I've not experienced a winter here before, but you'd
think I'd have used common sense.........even the sanseveria's are
limp. I'm hoping if the ends of the plants are toast, at least the
roots are alright as I hadn't watered anyone lately. Lets hope. If I
lost the amount I fear I have I will have to chalk it up to a MASSIVE
LESSION LEARNED. More updates at a later time. Have a happy
Thanksgiving and I look forwards to hearing from my gardening friends
over the hedges and fences. On a good note, we're getting some
massivly needed rain today!! So there is that.
Madgardener killing plants in the greene bowl in northeastern
Tennessee zone 7 with temperatures below normal