Old 25-11-2008, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°² ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°² is offline

Default Greenhouse question

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:13:05 -0000, "Pete Stockdale"
wrote:

"Happymeow" wrote in message

I go along with the advice to fix your greenhouse to a brick base. I
have a 10 x 8 ft greenhouse with fairly good ridge height, which is
fixed to a 2-course brick wall and with its base. Even so, I find
myself wishing it was even higher (and bigger all round, to be
honest!) Not only does extra head height give you more room for tall
plants, shelving, etc., it also improves air flow (ventilation is
important for greenhouse plants in summer and winter).

I erected a 10 x 8' greenhouse. raw plugged on to a low brick-built
base and then wished that I had allowed for more headroom.

I dug out a central path 12" deeper than the soil layer, concreted the
footpath and put in some narrow upright surrounds for the beds.

A quick and easy extra 9" headroom. It's no hardship to have to go
down 2 shallow steps into the house (and it gives the spiders more
head space too)

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²