Old 10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Lighting in Koi Pond questions

Fish need to sleep (down-time, so to speak). Is there any way you can split
the lighting to illuminate the walkway without lighting the pond, so that
the pond lights can go off? Mine shut off at midnight, which appears to give
them enough time to recoup. With any pond lighting, ensure that you're
plugging into GFCI outlets to minimize stray voltage. It WILL kill the fish,
cause "bent back syndrome", and stunt plant growth. Not to mention what it
will do to you!

Lee

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
I can't seem to find the answer to this question in any book.

Can I run pond lights all night without effecting the fish? The pond is
along a walkway, and I would like to illuminate it for both asthetic and
safety issues.

Secondly, I experemented with a fountain just putting Low Voltage lights
in the water. My method has been soldering wire to the bulb leads, then
coating with a bunch of marine goop to seal, and then placing it in the
water. I have also done this without sealing the connections...
anyway, would this low voltage in any way adversely effect Koi or
goldfish?

Thanks in advance.

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com