Old 10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Need suggestions for pond form in sand

Masonite is quite flexible; all you have to do is drive some stakes in the
ground, attach the masonite, then back-fill. Once the liner and water is in
place, it won't go anywhere. If your ground is that sandy, however, you may
wish to consider a concrete "collar" around the edge of your pond to keep
the edge from collapsing when you put your border in place. I really wish I
had . . . a retrofit will be a real pain in the butt!

Lee

"John Bachman" wrote in message
Hi all,

My pond project is coming along well but I have run into a snag. I
have excavated up to 38 inches in the deepest section. My soil is
pure sand. I have a deep well in the middle and have constructed a
concrete block retaining wall for that section. There will be an
18-inch shelf area surrounding the "well". I want the pond shape to
be curved so the concrete block retainer presents some problems. The
blocks are rigid of course so there are gaps at the joints where a
curve begins.

What other material can I use to retain the sand in a curved shape?

TIA

John