Old 26-11-2008, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Bougainvillaea

"Charlie Pridham" wrote
after Bob Hobden asked...
I have tried numerous times and numerous ways to get cuttings of our
plant
to grow without success. Is there a secret I need to know?

Bottom heat and mist during summer (April to September) about 6" long, I
use 3 node cuttings with two leaves removed. It is possible to do hard
wood cuttings when they are dormant but its a bit heavy on the
propagating material especially in the uk where they don't make that much
heavy wood. Cultivars vary a good bit in how easy they are, I have a pink
that roots in about 10 days while a purple takes 3 months.

Thanks Charlie, so the cuttings are best taken late spring/ summer.
I have always tried to take them at the same time as my Pels, August/Sept,
so perhaps that is the problem.
Our's is a flesh pink one so hopefully if I take the cuttings at the correct
time it will root quickly.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden