Old 27-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Janet Conroy Janet Conroy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Brown View Post
On Nov 26, 9:42*pm, Janet Conroy Janet.Conroy.
wrote:
Janet Conroy;823492 Wrote:

I left a message on another thread about this, after being told off by
Mr R Hinge for viewing this newsgroup via Garden Banter. *Please could
someone tell me how to access urg? *I've tried Googling it, but altho I
get a home page it won't let me proceed. *MY ISP is aol - don't know
whether that's a problem.

AOL is a problem but I doubt it is preventing you using Google groups.

P.S. I found Garden Banter by accident and am wondering why it is so
infra dig. *The posts from other parts of the world are often
informative and sometimes very amusing.

Here I am, replying to myself. *I've tried twice to get a response to
this. *Please don't tick me off or write snotty comments when I mention
something I've seen elsewhere on GardenBanter if none of you urglers is
prepared to give me guidance on how to access urg other than via GB.

GardenBanter effectively steals the discussions taking place on a pre-
existing Usenet group
uk.rec.gardening
Some people find this incredibly annoying and take it out on posters
from GB whose content is reflected onto Usenet.

You should be able to access urg via Google groups even if you don't
have a proper newsreader.

http://groups.google.com/
and specific for urg.
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.rec.gardening/topics
or this particular thread
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...6c49e93ebe662#

Google groups is also a bit infra-dig but it is useful when you are
mobile and not at a machine that has direct Usenet news access.
Increasingly ISPs are pulling Usenet servers offline as not cost
effective (ie profitable).

Regards,
Martin Brown
Thank you for both replies. I will have a go.