Old 27-11-2008, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default How to get onto urg

Janet Conroy writes

Janet Conroy;823492 Wrote:
I left a message on another thread about this, after being told off

by
Mr R Hinge for viewing this newsgroup via Garden Banter. Please

could
someone tell me how to access urg? I've tried Googling it, but altho

get a home page it won't let me proceed. MY ISP is aol - don't know
whether that's a problem.
P.S. I found Garden Banter by accident and am wondering why it is so
infra dig.

I don't like gardenbanter because it is enhancing (1) its own reputation
by using stuff I've posted to urg without asking my permission.
(1) matter of opinion, of course. It might well be better off without my
posts!

The posts from other parts of the world are often
informative and sometimes very amusing.

There are newsgroups from all over the world accessible with a
newsreader - including all the newsgroups you see on gardenbanter!

Here I am, replying to myself. I've tried twice to get a response to
this. Please don't tick me off or write snotty comments when I mention
something I've seen elsewhere on GardenBanter if none of you urglers is
prepared to give me guidance on how to access urg other than via GB.

There's no problem with your continuing to access urg via gardenbanter
if you can cope with the inconvenience, but just remember that accessing
urg is what you are doing, and that most of us don't use gardenbanter,
so when you talk about things elsewhere on the gardenbanter site it
means nothing to us.

--
Kay