Old 27-11-2008, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
geo geo is offline

Default How to get onto urg

Janet Conroy wrote:
Here I am, replying to myself. I've tried twice to get a response to
this. Please don't tick me off or write snotty comments when I mention
something I've seen elsewhere on GardenBanter if none of you urglers is
prepared to give me guidance on how to access urg other than via GB.

As others have said, you need to be able to use a newsreader. I have
just followed registered (free) with:-
news.motzarella.org
They send you an email with a password.

I then set up an acoount in Thunderbird (free), downloaded their group
list, found uk.rec.gardening and posted this reply. Took about 10-15
minutes.
If you don't have Thunderbird (a free email and news client), you could
download it, or alternatively set up Outlook Express (which I suspect
already lurks on your machine) but I have no information on how to use
that program.

Good to see someone wanting to get away from the thieving webpages -
good luck.