Old 27-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Janet Conroy Janet Conroy is offline
Registered User

Archie: the obelisk photo you posted is very beautiful, but I think you need to remember that gardeners don't buy things for how they look, rather for how they display their precious plants. The whole point of an obelisk is to obscure it with a climbing plant, which rather negates the time and trouble you've gone to, ditto pergolas and all other garden supports. My advice would be keep it very simple and functional so that you minimise your costs and, as a previous poster has said, find a small local nursery that will act as a shop window. Not many nurseries/garden centres have reasonably-priced tasteful cast-iron stuff, so perhaps you've found a niche in the market. I wish you very good luck.