Old 27-11-2008, 11:27 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_5_] Jeßus[_5_] is offline

Default Using seed potatoes vs. 'ordinary 'spuds?

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:39:10 +1100, GreenieLeBrun wrote:

Jeßus wrote:
Might seem like a naive question - but I'm still learning all about
temperate climate veggies

Pros & Cons of using proper seed spuds vs. spuds from the grocers?

For those that have tried both - what are your experiences and
conclusions?

Thanks.

Seed potatoes are certified disease free and are grown under strict
quarantine conditions. Also you can be certain of the variety.

Yes, those were the only benefits I could come up with myself.
I'd be inclined to take my chances with plain old shop bought spuds,
unless I came across the varieties I'm after as seed potatoes.

Thanks for your reply Greenie.