Old 10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Pip

Default Climbing/rambling Rose - Which one ?

Hi all

I have a south facing wall (front of house) that I would like to grow a rose
up. Could anybody recommend rose type ? Thanks I would like a red
rose that flowers as much as possible for as long as possible ! (and one
that is not prone to disease) I saw one in a gardening book called "Dublin
Bay" that looked lovely

I also wondered if anyone could recommend any good web sites for rose
nurseries that I could paroose through.

I've never owned a rose plant, the two houses I've had didn't have any roses
in at all. I can vaguely remember my parents putting manure around roses ?
So any advice of how to prune and feed them would be appreciated.

Thanks
Pippa