Old 28-11-2008, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Poole David Poole is offline

Default How to get onto urg

Janet Conroy wrote:
Blimey - I seem to have gone from no response to a deluge in an instant.
I was OK with the first couple of replies but now I'm blinded by all
the techy stuff. I will try to do the newsgroup thing, but I'm still
unclear as to why GardenBanter is so hated by some posters. Is it
because you have paid some cash to access a kosher newsgroup?

It's not hated Janet, just that it's a bit irksome that some
fly-by-night website pinches the advice given here and then passes it
off as its own. The impression given is that URG is part of GB and that
annoys a good many on here. In any case, a GB-only 'contributor' may
ask in vain about a thread trawled from urg. since no-one here will see
that question.