Old 28-11-2008, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default How to get onto urg

Janet Conroy writes

Blimey - I seem to have gone from no response to a deluge in an
instant.
I was OK with the first couple of replies but now I'm blinded by all
the techy stuff. I will try to do the newsgroup thing, but I'm still
unclear as to why GardenBanter is so hated by some posters. Is it
because you have paid some cash to access a kosher newsgroup?

If I had written some article in the newsletter of my local gardening
club, and later I found someone had published a book made up completely
of my article and that of other gardening club members who had also
contributed to the newsletter from time to time, I would be annoyed.

Even if the book was for charity, I would still be annoyed that my work
had been used without the courtesy of asking my permission.

I am annoyed that gardenbanter is building up its brandname on the basis
of my articles (and those of others in urg and in other newsgroups)
without ever having asked our permission.

--
Kay