Old 28-11-2008, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default How to get onto urg

The message
from Granity contains these words:

Using news groups is ok IF it's only one or two of them, if, as I do,
you subscribe to quite a lot then it becomes almost a full time
occupation to read all of the posts. Since in most cases only about 40%
of posts have any interest to anyone person, the time, effort and
trouble becomes too much and the whole thing implodes. Most of the
sites I receive in digest form via 2 or 3 emails a day which means I
can at least pick out the posts of interest to me from the digest
headers. The beauty of garden banter is that the forum layout enables
me to see at a glance what is new, what interests me, and above all I
don't have to wade through yards of quotes from the start of the thread
trying to find the one line reply buried in there somewhere, in a forum
you don't need to use quotes to show what you are talking about as the
thread has a title that tells you. /rant. :-)

Ah, that might explain the irritating replies that don't indicate what
is the reply and what being replied to, but just continue from the end
of the last quoted text.

IMO, such replies should be dumped somehow, so the posters behave with
due netiquette if they want their contributions to be seen.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig