Old 28-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Hinge[_2_] View Post

IMO Gardenbanter is a bad-mannered Johnny-come-lately cowboy outfit
which provides a service, but to protect its own interests doesn't give
any credit where credit is due, and basically, lives partly
parasitically.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

"(uk.rec.gardening) Based in the British Isles for gardening within those islands. Some are quite experienced gardeners, others are (or were when they first joined urg) complete beginners.
Threads: 27,113 Posts: 194,982"

Secondly this is how your post appears on GB:

" Today, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_]

Default How to get onto urg
The message
from Rusty_Hinge contains these words:

Correction - any newsreader worth its salt will indicate newer bits by
indenting preceding blocks. Colour is non-compliant with Usenet
protocols.

Oops!

I suspect it is the newsreader rather than the writer which does this,
in which case it has nothing to do with protocols.

Having used a friend's reader once, I find the practice totally
counter-intuitive - and to some types of colour-blindnesses, I'd guess
that it might be a visual drawback.

Still, I suppose it's what you're used to. While my newsreader has
sprouted a lot more bells and whistles since it was first written, it is
to the first glance very similar to version 1.0

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig"

I think that there is a great deal of credit to uk rec gardening on the GB site.