Old 28-11-2008, 08:49 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_5_] Jeßus[_5_] is offline

Default Using seed potatoes vs. 'ordinary 'spuds?

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 01:26:50 +0000, Dan wrote:

Hi,
I used to use the spuds that were bought for eating that had got a bit
old. Then I got a sort of blight. The young spuds turned into a sort of
foul smelling bag of milky fluid in the ground. Not only ruined that
planting, but other attempts to plant in the same area. I'd stick to
seed potatoes.

Yes, I guess it come down to how lucky one feels

I guess, if I come across the right kind of seed spuds (Red Rascals is
the variety I'm interested in for now) then I'll use proper seed spuds.
If not... I'll take my chances with some grocer bought spuds.

Thanks for the reply.