Old 28-11-2008, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default How to get onto urg

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:04:42 +0000, K wrote:

Granity writes

Janet Conroy;823685 Wrote:
I will try to do the newsgroup thing, but I'm still unclear as to
why
GardenBanter is so hated by some posters. Is it because you have
paid
some cash to access a kosher newsgroup?

I think it's a hang up from the old dial up days when browsing the web
was costed by the minute, and downloading from a news group took only a
few moments to do. Nowadays, with broadband it costs the same whether
you are on for 2mins or 24/7 but people like to stay with what they
know rather than embrace what some of us see as better and more
'usable' technology. :-)

In my case, and in the case of others who have expressed their views
clearly in this thread, it is nothing to do with dial up.

It is precisely to do with an operation building its reputation on
material published by others without asking permission to do so.

and copying without permission and archiving material when posters have
specifically specified that their posts are not to be archived.
--

Martin

and you have warned them have you? Solicitor's letter with a 'don't do it
again or else' warning?

Or is it all just glib talk on here?

Kindest regards

Mike

And there's me thinking I had put a block on your posts!