Old 28-11-2008, 10:06 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default What to do with Cupressus

In article ,
Trish Brown wrote:

The question is: can a 3m Cupressus be transplanted happily? If not,
then will they survive severe annual pruning? It's a shame, since the trees are
quite attractive: it's just that they were put in a really silly spot in
the first place.

i'm getting a bit brutal in my middle age, but i vote chop them down &
plant something more suitable :-)

Psst! I'd love to, only hubby has formed a deep and mystical
relationship with them. He wants to save them if he can. Me, I'd rather
have something a bit more bird-worthy. =:-0

Given that they are unlikely to survive transplanting, I suggest you encourage
him to try that ;-)

Really, I suggest replacing them with a smaller type, if he must have
cypresses.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/