Old 29-11-2008, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default How to get onto urg

The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from Martin contains these words:

Some news servers react quickly to spam attacks by deleting spam.
news.individual.net is one.

I've not heard any bad reports on NIN.

I started to use NIN when my ISP dumped Usenet a while ago. I was going to
change ISP's but it seems most UK ISP's were about to do the same. I am
very impressed with NIN, it's worth every penny of the 10 euros/year it
costs and is easily paid for via BT, it's just added to my phone bill
once a
year.
They are brilliant at filtering out offensive posts or flooding and if you
have any problem you just email them and get a reply very quickly from a
*real* person. I once mailed them about malicious flooding on one my
Usenet
groups, I had a reply within 10 minutes thanking me for drawing it to their
attention and assuring me they would have noticed it themselves shortly.
I cannot fault news.individual.net in any way.
Binaries not allowed though and continual cross-posting will get you struck
off!

I don't think I could live with that last condition - when I post to
urmc I often crosspost to urm - and join threads so crosspostedby
others.

Otherwise I seldom crosspost.

--
Rusty