Old 29-11-2008, 03:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default goldfish house with observation feature

"Pete C" wrote in message
Hi John
Herons don't like any form of physical barrier. Try potted plants around
the pond. I use grasses in 15" pots. They kinda blend with the
pond........evergreen........low maintenance. I'm sorry for your loss of

fish.

A determined heron will penetrate almost anything - I cannot see potted
plants working at all round here !

Netting stands the best chance IMHO.

However I am interested in this suggestion from Jan

" Next
spring you can install a motion activated sprinkler and remove the net."

Could he please expand. - Many thanks

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com