Old 29-11-2008, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default Corn recommendations

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:42:53 -0800, "Zoot" wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for corn varieties. This last year was a
short, cold, wet growing season and half of our corn never matured. Also, I
seem to have the best luck with yellow corn, worst luck with white and high
sugar corn.

Anyone have any comments on the robustness of white and high sugar corn,
versus 'normal' yellow corn, and any recommendations for short growing
seasons?

Immediately rent the movie, "King Corn," then let me know if you or
anyone need more corn.
Victoria

In all fairness, "King Corn" is about GMO, and to a lesser extent,
"dent" corn. The question here was in reference to sweet corn, which I
think I'm giving up on because of water consumption, and my lack of
skill in picking at the peak of ripeness.
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars