Old 29-11-2008, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default A victory of sorts

I've been warring with gophers. Today, I caught my first one in a trap.
There's finess involved in placing the trap, and knowledge of how gophers do
their tunnels. And those little traps would surely be nasty to get caught
in accidentally. Will try it again on one in the front yard that has a big
excavation underway under the creeping mulberry. I think the cooler weather
has brought them out more.

They are cute little guys, but boy do they cause damage.

Steve

--
Keep an eye on them or lose them:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.