Old 30-11-2008, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zoot Zoot is offline

Default Corn recommendations

See catalogs don't tell me anything.

You chose not to read all the descriptions.

I read stuff like this:

Packed large, juicy golden kernels---18 full rows on every 8-inch ear.
Bodacious Hybrid Sweet Corn has sweet, flavorful and exceptionally tender!
Fine for canning and freezing. As dependable as it is delicious. Excellent
disease resistance.

This All-America Selections winner is considered the premium sh2 bicolored
corn. Each well-formed, 8 1/2-inch-long ear boasts 16 to 18 rows of
honey-sweet pearly kernels. Delicious fresh, canned or frozen

Silver Queen Hybrid Sweet Corn combines size, sweetness and lasting quality!
Ears are 8-9 inches long with 14-16 rows of creamy kernels. Leaf blight
tolerant.

And I don't see which are hardier and which people have grown with what
level of success. Maybe I'm not smart enough to find these magical
descriptions that actually tell me about how well the corn grows, etc.

So - where are the corn gardeners? What sweet corn has who grown that did
well for them?