Old 30-11-2008, 06:47 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default A victory of sorts

"Zoot" wrote in message
I though of poison pellets, but their burrows were too close to my well.
One of them actually broke out in my head pipe housing and filled it with
dirt. About that time I start thinking of dynamite....

I built a propane/oxygen/stun gun igniter system similar to the Rodenator at
www.rodenator.com Mine was one tenth the cost. You do have to be careful
when blasting near pipes, buildings, water pipes, or dry grass.

When I caught that one today, I actually admired the little creature for all
the dirt he had moved.

I have two traps set now for another set of big mounds in the front yard. A
friend of mine told me about a type of guillotine trap that I will look for
next trip to the feed store.

Ah. Life on the farm/ranch...................

Steve