Old 30-11-2008, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default HELP PLEASE - Apple Rootstock Origin

"Gary" wrote in message
Wonder if someone can help please.

I understand the different qualities of apple rootstock i.e. M26, M106
etc, but what is rootstock actually grown from, cant seem to find
anything on the internet.

Many Thanks

Gary

I had a similar question go through my mind a couple days ago. I wondered,
to get a dwarf tree for rootstock, if I could plant a seed from a (grafted)
dwarf apple tree & grow one?

Then again, if the graft was from a larger growing specimen, would that
render the new tree the same size as the original (grafted on scion wood) or
the original rootstock?

rob