Old 10-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Grape Hyacinths

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:34:07 +0100, Michael wrote:

Help! I am being overrun by hundreds of grape hyacinths. I cannot get rid
of them by seperating them from the soil as it is lumpy clay. Systemic
weedkiller didn't do much to them. They are speading and growing lots of new
bulbs. Can anyone please tell me how I can destroy them.

Well, you could dig some up and send them to me! I've got a nice big
garden with some bare patches that need filling, and I love grape
hyacinth, although I've never been in the position of being over-run by
them which must be frustrating. I don't think I've got any in this garden,
or if I have its only a couple of bulbs.

Sarah