Old 30-11-2008, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David W EEE Roberts David W EEE Roberts is offline

Default Tomatoes in a cold greenhouse

Despite the grotty cold weather my last couple of tomato plants seem to be
surviving in the cold greenhouse and they are still slowly ripening
tomatoes - presumably when the greenhouse warms up on sunny days.

I also have a few green tomatoes indoors in the warm in a plastic tub along
with ripe tomatoes and a ripe banana.

Strangely, the ones in the greenhouse seem to be doing better.

One of the plants is actually putting out side shoots, although neither
plant is flowering.

Has anyone ever overwintered tomato plants (or cuttings)?

It is the end of November now, and I see to recall that you start early
tomatoes in a heated greenhouse around February.

Perhaps I should bring in the side shoots and grow them as pot plants?

Cheers

Dave R

[Who has just found Knode on his EEE PC]