Old 30-11-2008, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tree id please.

In message
,
aquachimp writes
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2d9d72x&s=4
I took this photo last August on the grounds of Blarney castle, Co.
Cork, Ireland.
It's quite a good sized tree, I just don't have the full tree in a
photo.
I've been asked several times what it is .

Wingnut (Pterocarya); I don't think there's enough detail in the
photograph to tell which one, but the more commonly grown species is
Caucasian Wingnut (Pterocarya fraxinifolia).

Also, I noticed whilst there that they do have several plants labelled
(but alas, not that one perhaps). For when I next go back (I'm in
Belgium) does anyone know of the existence of a sort of plants map for
the grounds of Blarney Castle?

Thanks in advance.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley