Old 01-12-2008, 03:27 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.legal
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default compelling neighbour to remove dangerous tree

I had to laugh when I again phoned the council's tree preservation
officer to find out whether council could order the tree's removal.
The officer evaded the question, but rabbited on about conservation
principles, sustainability, negotiation, etc.. When I mentioned the
relevance of serious personal injury and the 2006 Act she said "Oh, we
don't like residents to pursue that course of action." I hung up on
this irrelavant and patronising user of the royal 'we'.

** Is this another case of putting Dracula in charge of the blood bank ??

..... Phil