Old 01-12-2008, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Garden Banter/Virus alert?

The message
from Martin contains these words:

Any mailreader worth its salt won't display HTML - HTML in mail is
against protocols,

cite?

Probably got chapter and verse on the old box. I'll look - but don't wait up.

and AUP.

Several do by request of the users. This includes later versions of Agent.

Several users of ZIMACS have asked, too. They've been told very firmly,
"No." However, it's possible that it may have the reading of HTML added,
but never the writing of it.

Your provider's AUP is almost certainly not the same as all other providers
AUPs. I can find nothing about use of HTML in mail in the AUPs I have
checked
(Janet and BT)

Well, you wou wouldn't expect *THEM* to, would you?

UAP Accepted User Policy - this refers to mail and news protocols, not
to the whims of individual ISPs.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig