Old 10-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] Trunk chopping a Crabapple

Thanks everyone for your input - you probably saved me from wasting some
money. Instead of a crabapple, I bought a nice little cotoneaster with a
nice 1 1/2" trunk. My aunt has a crabapple tree (has had it for probably 20
years with no problems, so apparantly it's a hardy type. I'm betting she'll
let me try an air layer on a branch. I also went and found some seeds from
various locations around here - they seem to like planting them at rest
areas in NE Ohio -so I planted those as well. I'll also try to find one at
a Bonsai nursery sometime this spring/summer.

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++