Old 23-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Nina Baltes

Default Orchids in the Kitchen window

Douglas Bolt wrote:
Nina,

Nice pics at your site!

Thanks!

I ran Aries on the same images now shown at
http://www.boltassociates.com/Orchids-Kitchen/ using most of the default
settings and came up with this:
http://www.boltassociates.com/Aries-Orchids/index.htm . So far, I like
Aries much better than either of the other programs I've used.

What do you think? Seems a big improvement to me.

I prefer the Arles version of course . In the old version, I find
the mouseover function that sets the links to bold type somewhat
irritating, as it shifts the pictures around when you go over a
link (this could be done in Arles with a template implementing a
stylesheet though, if you like the look). In the Arles version,
there's titles for the large images, and I like the dropdown
navigation. You can tell the program which info to display in that
menu. It took me some time to work through all the display
possibilities when I first started using the program, but I found
it well worth it. And no, they don't pay me . I've just recently
discovered the "FTP publish" function, it uploads your galleries
automatically. Very convenient!

Nina
--
C'est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot.
Louis Pasteur