Old 10-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Warwick

Default Grape Hyacinths

In article , robert29
@btinternet.com says...

heckety snip

Why are you such a prat?

I'm afraid you've stumbled on soeone who I don't *quite* class as a
troll but only for the amusement factor. Following up all of his/her
posts with one liners isn't an endearing trait though.

I had a run in with him/her a couple of months ago with regard to some
maple seeds I'd picked up on the mountains in Japan.

It accused me of theft and riskig the plant population of the UK by
bringing in such a dangerous alien plant form and ransacked the entire
discussion before posting a triumphant piece of information from Defra
that they considered maple seeds to be of no risk at all and asking why
had I bothered arguing at all with my discussions and why hadn't *I*
gone to Defra and asked them myself.

I still haven't worked out how seeds dropped by trees in public places
turned into theft yet. Maybe I should be drafting in the local police to
get them geared up for the en-masse arrest of the school children guilty
of the theft of all those conkers every year.