Old 02-12-2008, 01:26 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Joan[_2_] Joan[_2_] is offline

Default Estate planning for goldfish???

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:38:42 EST, wrote:

I would think a complete explanation of first, how to care for the pond and fish
would be a great idea. Then, for sure, the phone number and name of a place that
will sell them or give them to good customers.

That's a good idea! I am working on an animal trust, and I can
certainly include a caretakers' manual in it. Thanks for the great
thought.

It is odd, but it seems all my friends are now taking a look at all our "stuff" and
thinking how is anybody going to cope with it.

Oh, interesting! I've been doing that too! When the second of my
parents died, my sisters and I had a huge house full of decades worth
of accumulated stuff. It was a huge job. I do often think I ought to
make sure my stuff is easier to cope with.

When my Gr'ma died at 93 she had
whittled everything she owned down to 2 dresses, 2 sweaters, a drawer full of undies
and a small jewelry box, her sewing machine and her tamburiza. Truthfully, she wasnt
one for owning much. My mother was the quintessential pack rat and I am just a bit
less so. HOWEVER. Lately I have been able to strip myself of some holdovers. This
coming winter vacation I am going to do a major "stripping" of stuff. I WILL learn
how to list on eBay... LOL. Mostly I find it disturbing that I dont know where
anything is anymore. My husband has moved and shuffled stuff around so often that
even the stuff I WANT cannot be found.

Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm totally embarrassed at how
disorganized I've become. But I do have two huge trashbags full of
old clothes to give away now.

My vacation starts after Dec. 8 and lasts a month, so I will have plenty of time to
sort, throw, send to Goodwill, etc. Ingrid

Good luck with your decluttering project!

Joan