Old 02-12-2008, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Greenhouses & filmsy polycarbonate sheeting

"Janet Conroy" wrote in
message ...

From experience, once you have a gap in a greenhouse, it will be

badly
damaged by winds very rapidly. If none of the suggested solutions

from
posters on here work, you need to do some sums about what solution

will
be most cost-effective. Having greenhouse glass cut to fit all the
panels is a possible, but, ironically, I suspect it would be cheaper

ditch your present disaster and to buy a complete new gh with glass
panels and to start again.

--
Janet Conroy

Janet, you are probably right, but if only we get a few dry days I'll
try the silicone sealant approach first as I have two of them to sort.

Anyone know brands of sealant known to be compatible with
polycarbonate?

AWEM