Old 10-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Theo Asir

Default How did everybody get started with their rose hobby?

Not a boast but I bet everyone here who grows
roses consistently has the greenest of green thumbs
in their families.

I mostly grow roses because I can. Everyone
I talk to has horror stories to relate about their
naive attempts at growing them. I grow them on
balconies, in pots, by windows, under gro-lights,
in basements, by the kitchen sink, in big pots in small pots.
I right now grow a 4' high miniature rose in a half gallon pot.

I've grown species,
hybrid and got them all to thrive.

I supect millions try to grow roses
only a few consistently do well. So we stick
with the spectacular rewards that come our way.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Emil" wrote in message
Hi group,

Out of curiosity...How did everybody start with their hobby, more like a
passion :-) of roses? Did you learn by watching parents plant roses? Is
growing roses your occupation, any of you own a nursery? Etc. Etc.

As for me, when we bought our first house a couple of years ago, we bought

4
roses. Everytime we went to the nursery, we came home with more and more
roses. Final count at our old house was close to 35 rose bushes that I
planted from bareroots.

So what's everybody story?

Emil