Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default lemon tree blues

"kris anthem um" wrote in
message ...

I have a lemon tree grown from unknown source (birds,people..) it is as
healthy as can be but hasn;t flowered/fruited.I am wondering if it is
possible to graft a known variety on too the trunk/branch to produce
mandarines or limes etc tree is approx 12 years old and 2 metres tall
with a rough trunk diamater of 10 cm. Any help would be very much
appreciated.Cheers

Yes it's possible. You may as well try it as the worst that can happen is
the graft doesn't take. If it works it will not guarantee good fruit but
you may get lucky.

David